The National Cycle Collection
Home
About Us
Accessories
Accommodation
Archive
Digital Library
Events
Folding bikes
Friends
Links
Local rides
Location
Memorabilia
New exhibits
News
Off road bikes
Racing bikes
Road bikes
Sale
School visits
Shop
Tandems and Trikes
Velart
Vintage bikes
Registered Charity No.511257
Become a Friend of the NCC
Wheelchair users welcomeWheelchair toilet facilities available
Wheelchair accessible
Comments about this web site via email to:
website@cyclemuseum.org.uk
The NCC is a pet friendly museum
 The NCC is Pet Friendly
administrator login
CMS and dynamic content by NashLabs
© NCC 2012
hercules ladies tricycle 1938 cyclotracteur motorized bicycle 1919 - 1923 hobby horse 1818 velocipede or boneshaker 1869 Ordinary or penny farthing 1870 - 1890 Raleigh Model 17

Vintage Section

 

A.gif wide range of early period bicycles are displayed, it is one of the great strengths of the collection, including the following that are worthy of note: A replica Hobby Horse circa 1818, together with a replica Macmillan circa 1839 - 40. A wooden tricycle, which must be one of the very few examples of such an early machine in the country.

The display includes four Boneshakers including a Michaux and a C Taylor manufactured in Bristol.  one transitional Boneshaker, a Beale & Strawe Facile, Hillman & Cooper Kangaroo and one Crypto machine along with eight  Ordinaries


Of special note  are a replica American Eagl and  ten solid-tyred Safety bicycles with both left and right-hand cranks. Quadrant No.13 Dwarf Safety and a Swift bicycle complement this section of the collection, alongside some Victorian tricycles and tandem trikes - in fact everything you would hope to find in one of the most comprehensive cycle collections in Great Britain. Old photographs and prints add further interest to the displays. For more details of this section please press this button   Push button to Vintage detail page

Scotford Lawrence with an Ordinary circa eighteen eighty by Coventry Machinists Company Ltd. Background tiles by WH Burgess  				depicting various aspects of Llandrindod Wells for the West Bromwich Building Society and donated to the town.